WHAT ON EARTH IS DECIEM?
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, Avestan, and other beauty brands & is an industry disruptor with a science first approach to innovation. DECIEM was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed DECIEM to be a happy family (of people and beauty brands), rooted in kindness, creativity, diversity, and respect, alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing rapidly and we’re looking for someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Senior SOX IT UAR Compliance Analyst who will be responsible for internal audits, controls and items around the User Access Review process. This candidate will be owning the identification and correction of any UAR gaps or concerns to initiate controls within strict timelines in compliance of audit requirements.
This is a hybrid role based out of our Toronto Head Office.
WHAT YOU’D BE DOING IN THIS ROLE
- Owning error identification, data collection, accuracy metrics, data reporting and UAR process improvement through data analysis
- Leading the Quality Control (QC) team to navigate complex problems with a resolutions-driven approach
- Execute on all operational SOX IT controls for in-scope SOX system(s) through generating data, reporting from the appropriate applications and building tools and continuous improvement processes as required to achieve compliance
- Complete risk assessments and controls for high-risk areas requiring assurance
- Assist Deciem leadership teams during internal and external audit reviews by acting as a partner and liaison
- Validate information provided by the entity for competency and accuracy
- Attend Audit control walkthroughs for in-scope controls under execution realm
- Fulfil audit data requests on-behalf of the Deciem control owners
- Partner closely with key functions and stakeholders to ensure UAR reviews are conducted with quality and accuracy
- Provide recommendations to business partners around UAR improvement, SOX Compliance processes and testing feedback
- Maintain positive collaborative relationships with partner IT groups and other key stakeholders to drive continuous improvement in UAR spaces
- Proactively identify potential gaps and assist management with remediation steps and/or control operating effectiveness feedback
- Facilitate steps to communicate supporting evidence to control owner(s) for review and feedback
- Collect any supporting documentation including Review/Approvals/Rejection Execution Evidence/Sign-Offs pertaining to compliance activity required for audits
- Document and reserve supporting control execution evidence
- Submit Impact assessment documents along with Manager response for deficient controls
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- CISA certified
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in IT SOX compliance management and critical UAR practices
- Experience with G-Suite, D365, Salesforce, Process Improvement practices and Project Management are an asset
- Ability to take a collaborative approach and partner with multiple stakeholders
- Strong ability to proactively investigate gaps and drive resolutions through strategic view
- Ability to handle sensitive information with a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in line with security protocols
WHAT YOU’LL BE GAINING BY JOINING OUR TEAM
There’s a lot of good stuff that comes along with being a DECIEM team member. Here’s a few of our favourite perks and benefits, in no particular order…
- Generous Vacation & Personal Days, plus additional time off for volunteering in your community, voting, peaceful protesting, celebrating your birthday, and more.
- 6 months of paid time off for new parents (inclusive of all genders).
- Work from anywhere 4 weeks per year.
- A hybrid work model (for applicable roles).
- Summer Friday’s - get off at 1pm all summer long! (for applicable roles).
- A dog-friendly office (and lots of cute dogs to play with).
- Unlimited access to an Employee Assistance Program that includes mental health care, mindfulness programs, and more.
- Access to Development Grants & a LinkedIn Learning membership to help you keep growing and learning.
- A generous discount on DECIEM products for you, your family, and your friends.
BUILDING GROWTH TO POWER GOOD
We are a People first company that lives by our core values to…
- 😊 Do the right thing
- 💡 Create impact
- 🌱 Respect small things
- ❤️ Care too much
- 🚀 Be the future
These values continue to guide us in all that we do. Along the way, we’ve been honoured to win some pretty incredible awards, including a CEW Achiever Award, Best Skincare Brand at Sunday Times Style Beauty Awards, and Most Popular Sustainable Brand by The Cosmetify Index Global. We’re still blushing!
SUSTAINABILITY AND SOCIAL IMPACT
DECIEM’s objective is to build growth and do good things while prioritizing people, animals, and the Earth.
Our Sustainability strategy is focused on fighting climate change, improved waste management, responsible packaging, responsible sourcing and product lifecycle, and water conservation.
In 2020, DECIEM established the Good Fund to support both large and grassroots charities in response to global events.
CREATING A HUMAN WORLD OF BEAUTY
DECIEM is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) by creating meaningful, measurable change in the lives of our team members and in the communities where we operate. Achieving equality is critical to DECIEM and our future. You can learn more about our DEI commitment in our open letter, "Commit to Change, Change will Come".
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation, please let us know.